SDG Academy Launches ‘Climate Action: Solution for a Changing Planet’ Free Online Course
SDG Academy has recently launched a free online course titled ‘Climate Action: Solutions for a Changing Planet’
About this course:
Harmful emissions, the degradation of the earth’s resources and global warming have loomed large for decades. With the negotiation and ongoing ratification of the sweeping Paris Agreement, commitments to reducing the effects of climate change abound. But how do we turn those commitments into action?
Enroll to learn from the professors and researchers leading the battle against climate change, hailing from world-renowned institutions including Columbia University’s Earth Institute, the Deep Decarbonization Pathways Project (DDPP), the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) and the World Business Council on Sustainable Development (WBCSD).
Professor Jeffrey D. Sachs
Professor Jim Williams
University of California - San Francisco
This course is for:
- Graduate students and advanced undergraduate students interested in the key concepts and practices of this growing field.
- Climate change activists who want a concise overview of the current science and emerging solutions.
- Sustainable development practitioners – as well as private-sector actors, such as those who work in corporate sustainability and responsibility or renewable energy – who need to understand how climate change solutions are being implemented and made successful.
What you’ll learn:
- Reducing global greenhouse gas emissions
- Decarbonizing the economy
- Emissions reduction in Russia and Australia
- Actions for communities and individuals
For details, please refer to the course website.